Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Package Tour

Well well well...I have not been on here for months again. I stayed busy all summer. Finished spring and summer semester and have been running a lot. But the best event of Summer 2013 was The Package Tour concert. It was only a year ago when I experienced an amazing NKOTBSB concert but this year I attended something much more exciting. It does not get any better than three different boy bands. Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees and New Kids on the Block. On Sunday, August 4th at Bankers Life Fieldhouse all three bands put on a great show. I had an amazing seats and was able to see the whole stage very clearly. Besides that my seat was right at the walkway and Shawn Stockman from Boyz II Men came down from the stage and danced right next to me. That was a moment to remember however that was not all the excitement of the night. Second band on the stage was 98 Degrees. As I am standing by my seat enjoying the show this one girl comes up to me and asks if I would like to go on stage....WHAT????....I was so shocked that I said no! Stupid answer...what was I thinking? Well I missed out on some good fun because the girls that were up on stage got to be so close to 98 Degrees...hmm I am sure I am going to regret that no answer for a long time :(
After Nick, Justin, Drew and Jeff were done with their performance 2 hours of NKOTB started. Oh boy do these guys know how to put on a great show! AWESOME!!!! They sang mix of old and new songs. There was a lot of screaming coming from the audience whenever Donnie or other guys took their shirts off and let's be honest at age 40 Donnie still looks hot hot hot without a shirt :) The best part came about half way through the performance. I see these security guys rolling this huge box and setting it up next to my aisle and giving instructions to the security lady to keep the walkway clear...that means someone was coming down to dance next to us...WHAT?!!! Quietly I was hoping it would be Donnie...well guess what...IT WAS DONNIE!!! Half way through the song he is coming down and walking towards us...WHAT?!! I will be able to touch him? YES! He came down and was shaking hands with our first row...I was also the lucky one to hold his hand for a minute...he has very soft hands :) Then he hopped on this huge box that security put close to us and he sang the rest of the song next to us! That is a moment to remember for the rest of my life! Concert ended around 11:30 pm and to this day I have The Package Tour withdrawals...




No comments:

Post a Comment