Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blanton Woods Trail Run

Happy Sunday Everyone! Since today was the last day of my Spring Break I decided to make if fun and enjoy it as much as I could. Once I finished all the homework due this week I convinced my husband to go for a trail run with me. We both like Blanton Woods Nature Park for out trail running. Nice quiet area and great, some adventurous, trails. Despite the 36 degree weather (I really hope that Spring is coming soon), we had a lot of fun. It was nice to see the nature slowly waking up from the long and cold Winter. We actually spotted two very cool hawks, some very unique little birds and squirrels chasing each other. After about 4 miles my hubby was ready to go home. He likes to run but not very long distances so I don't try to push my luck when he goes running with me :) I was also able to snap few pictures during our run....










On the way home we stopped at the store to get few groceries for the week and since we always get pretty hungry after our runs I decided to cook something yummy for dinner. I am a bargain shopper and tilapia was on sale today... that's how this awesome idea came to my head - Parmesan Crusted Tilapia! Within 30 minutes we had potatoes and asparagus roasting and fish baking. Perfect, after run, Sunday dinner was ready and done within an hour after we got home. And it was so delicious!!!!


And this is how my dogs spent all Sunday... they are so lazy lately!




Here are links for the recipes I used for tonight's dinner. The only thing I did differently on the tilapia - I coated it in melted butter and then in bread crumbs and parmesan. I did not use any lemon on it. I think it came out very creamy and the crust was pretty crispy. 

http://www.food.com/recipe/parmesan-crusted-tilapia-169764
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/garlic-roasted-potatoes-recipe.html


No comments:

Post a Comment