Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice storm

Month of February 2011 welcomed us with ice storm that will definitely be remembered for a long time. It all started on Monday night. I made it home after work just before all the roads turned into a ice rink. That night we got about quarter of an inch of pure ice. We stayed put on Tuesday. No work for me or Stephen. It was way to crazy to drive. Also the second round of the storm was coming that afternoon. This time meteorologists were right. Second round started as a rain, then it turned into small little pellets of ice and after that I am not really sure what it was because I went to bed. Wednesday pretty much everything was closed. My work, Stephen's work, school. Another snow day. Thankfully we did not loose power which was something that everyone was scared of. However everything outside was covered by inch of ice.
Dogs would not go outside as they were not able to keep their balance. I must say it was kid of funny to watch them trying to gain their balance just to pee :)
I am not really excited about tomorrow. I am not sure how we are going to be able to get out of our driveway or neighbourhood. I guess the temperatures are falling so it is not going to get better, at least not for a few days. I did not think I would ever say it but I much rather have 12 inches of snow ( that is what Chicago go out of that storm ) than this ice :)




No comments:

Post a Comment